Forster Co-Ax Single Stage Press
The Forster Co-Ax Single Stage press is one of the finest presses manufactured today. Loaded with features not found on other presses such as “Snap in and Snap out” die changing, three times the mechanical advantage of ordinary “C” presses, easy right or left hand operation, primer seater that is fully adjustable to hold brass cases and adjust primer seating depth and self-actuating shellholder jaws that open and close with movement of the press handle eliminating the need to use standard shellholders. Standard jaws are included that fit the majority of standard calibers.
A self-contained spent primer catcher system passes all primers, ground glass and dirty carbon through a tube and into a cup, keeping all working parts, as well as the floor, free of dirt and abrasives. The drop tube, which is threaded into the guide block below the shell holder, directs all residue into the cup below the press. The tube and cup follow the guide block during the sizing and seating process. Simply unscrew the cup to empty it.
Notes: S-jaws work with most brass cartridge cases. An optional LS-jaw (product number 672-863) will be needed if loading 22 Hornet, 256 Winchester Magnum, 348 Winchester, 378 Weatherby Magnum, 416 Rigby, 416 Remington Magnum, or any 45-70 based case like 40-65, 45-70, 45-90, 45-110
- Snap-in and snap-out die changing from sizer die to seater die in two seconds!
- Dual floating guide rods to help ensure perfect alignment.
- Because there is absolutely no torque on the head of the Co-Ax Press, long life is the rule rather than the exception. Due to the design of the linkage and pivots, all forces are in equilibrium whether the press is at maximum work load or at rest.
- Three times the mechanical advantage of an ordinary “C” press. It’s so effortless, full length sizing can actually be accomplished by operating the handle of the press with the little finger! There’s no pain but plenty of gain.
- Perfect alignment of the die and the case because the shell holder jaws are designed to float with the die, thereby permitting the case to center precisely in the die.
- No frame supports or swinging primer arms to interfere or cause an obstruction, the Co-Ax Press provides plenty of elbow room for both right handed or left handed operators.
- The unique top priming device seats primers to factory specifications. The seater is always at right angles to the case head. Primers will not flip or tip. They will be seated straight, level and at a uniform distance below the case head. Primers cannot be crushed, nor will they protrude from the case head and cause premature firing.
- Standard 7/8″-14 threads make the Co-Ax press great for most rifle and pistol rounds
- The top of the stroke provides a rock solid stop for consistency